Field Coordination Section
A field coordination section is established within the headquarters of the Central Committee. This section is the main focal point for obtaining all information to and from the subcommittees offices. All employees are provided with IT equipment and cell phones equipped with credit cards.
The Coordination section, which has a chair and reports to the Operations Committee, includes a number of field coordinators according to the number of municipalities. Each coordinator is given responsibility for coordinating a group of municipalities.
Field coordination is the main course for communicating information between different levels in the organizational structure of the Central Committee and coordinating procedures between headquarters, subcommittees, and polling centers.
The basic information that should be sent includes:
- Status report - sent weekly, covering only major developments and urgent needs
- Activity reports: - basic data for primarily important activities (distribution of materials from Tripoli to branch offices and then to polling centers and retrieval) - Instructions - actions to be implemented.
- Instructions - actions to be performed
- Important relevant security developments
- Detailed instructions and forms must be given for each type of these messages.
Field Coordination Unit in the subcommittee office
Each sub-committee has an employee in charge of coordinating and providing information, and this person is solely responsible for communication between the subcommittee’s office and the field coordinating officer in charge of the Central Committee, and he must collect reports and information, whenever requested.
There are liaison officers in each of the sub-committee’s offices, who are responsible for contacting and informing the focal points and they should provide support whenever necessary. All employees are provided with IT equipment and cell phones with cards.
Structure at the subcommittees level
Polling Center: The communications coordinators of the subcommittees shall report to the heads of the centers, and additional communications officials may be assigned to the municipality during the critical periods to provide support in the field of communications at the field level. Mobile reporting teams can also be used for centers without mobile coverage.
Communication between the Central Committee and the offices of the sub-committees is primarily via e-mail, and secondly through mobile. Liaison of the Subcommittee office and at the field level is primarily through mobile phone directly, and secondly through roaming reporting teams..
Communication operation times
The working hours of the field coordination work bodies in the Central Committee must be in accordance with the usual working hours, provided that the working hours are extended during the critical times whenever necessary. A 24-hour mobile phone number is assigned to the coordination office of the Central Committee and each subcommittee's office to deal with emergencies.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Contributing to the preparation of action plans for electoral operations.
- Managing and conducting the work of the department, following up the work progress of the sub-committees and proposing everything that could improve its performance
- Providing assistance to the sub-committees to enable them to perform their duties
- Collecting and studying the reports received from the sub-committees and following them up with the Operations Committee.
- Preparing forms for collecting data and information about the activities of the sub-committees.
- Receive and analyze voter registration information daily and propose solutions to bridge the gap between the actual and targeted number of registered voters
- Receive daily e-mails, analyze them, and set solutions to problems facing sub-committees and their polling centers
- Carry out support and follow-up visits to sub-committees
- The terms of reference or tasks delegated by the Central Committee to the Field Coordination Department